The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Women's Volleyball Head Coach.
This part-time position provides direction for planning, organizing and maintaining a well balanced, competitive women’s volleyball program within the athletic policy and guidelines of the Fashion Institute of Technology, Region XV, and the NJCAA Division III. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Direct the intercollegiate Volleyball Program within the athletic mission, policy and guidelines of the Fashion Institute of Technology, Region XV, and the NJCAA Division III
• Recruit prospective student-athletes within the guidelines of the Fashion Institute of Technology, Region XV, and the NJCAA Division III
• Organize and plan all practice sessions
• Work and communicate well with students, faculty, and alumni
• Demonstrate abilities in coaching and motivating student athletes
• Evaluate individual and team performances; select and train leaders to represent their sport appropriately
• Supervise assistant coaches and recommend the appointment/retention of assistant coaches
• Promote the inter-collegiate volleyball program
• Be informed and enforce Fashion Institute of Technology, Region XV, and the NJCAA Division III rules and guidelines. Successfully complete NJCAA Division III Rules Test. Attend meetings and/or workshops as appropriate.
• Develop a working relationship with all athletic administrative staff in the overall management of volleyball.
• Advise and assist student athletes in achieving academic and athletic goals
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Successful volleyball coaching experience, preferably at the college level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of the NJCAA Division III rules/regulations, including recruiting knowledge (must pass the annual NJCAA Rules Test)
• Certification in CPR/AED/First Aid (will provide)
• Valid driver’s license in good standing required
Schedule to be based on the needs of the department.
For consideration, please submit the following documents online to http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.